Barber Fishing Guide Service
Lake of the ozarks
Fishing Charter options - Bass Boat or Pontoon
Be sure to read the FAQ section below
Bass Boat Fishing charters (1-3 anglers):
4 hour charter $450
6 hour charter $650
8 hour charter $850
Optional 3rd Angler $125
fish cleaning time is not subtracted from fishing hours.
ponToon boat Fishing charters:(up to 6 anglers)
4hour charter $ 650
6Hour charter $ 850
8hour charter $1,050
Max 6 passengers on pontoon boat fishing charters (USCG rule)
We also provide a first mate on pontoon boat fishing charters!
We clean your catch at no additional cost as part of our service!
Fish cleaning time not subtracted from fishing time!
We welcome group, family, or multi-boat Fishing charters!
Lake of the ozarks Fishing Charter FAQ
Barber Fishing Guide Service
Barber Fishing Guide Service
- How many passengers can we bring on Barber Guide Service Lake of the Ozark fishing charters? up to 6 passengers/anglers can participate in pontoon boat fishing charters and up to 3 passengers can be accommodated on our lake of the ozarks bass boat fishing charters. (extra charge of $125 for 3rd angler) the customer preferred lake of the ozarks fish species and necessary fishing technique(s) may limit passenger numbers and we will discuss when you reserve your charter.
- How do you conduct group or Family Fishing Charters on lake of the ozarks? each barber guide service fishing charter will be conducted by a highly skilled , knowledgable, and coast guard licensed captain. pontoon boat fishing charters with more than 2 passengers include a first mate to assist with equipment, tackle, bait, landing fish, instruction, and all tasks to maximize your success and time on the water. A first mate is expecially helpful on family charters when small children are fishing. Having a first mate on board to instruct and assist the children allows parents to spend more time relaxing and enjoying themselves. Barber guide service is the only fishing guide service at lake of the ozarks that provides this very helpful customer focused offering.
- accepted methods of payment? We accept all major credit cards with a 3.5% customer surcharge. (the amount our credit card processor charges us) Barber fishing Guide Service adheres to PCI compliance credit card processing rules and standards . Cash payment is preferred and allows you to avoid credit card surcharges.
- Do I need to bring my own fishing tackle? Barber fishing guide service charters are "turn key" in that we provide all the tackle necessary to be successful on your Guided Lake of the Ozarks fishing charter. Some customers want to bring their own fishing tackle on their charter and this is allowed, just be sure to discuss with us ahead of time to determine if your rod/reel/tackle will be appropriate for the techniques we will be utilizing during the charter. We also provide complimentary bottles water and soft drinks to our customers.
- will you clean our catch at the end of our lake of the ozarks fishing charter? We will clean your catch at the end of your charter as part of our service at no additional cost! We will also bag your processed fish filets in quart bags and pack them on ice for transport to your destination. Most lake of the ozark fishing guides charge extra for fish cleaning service and we do not. There are no "hidden costs" with barber fishing guide service charters. importantly, fish cleaning time is not subtracted from your time on the water. when you book a charter with us you will be "on the water" the number of hours you book.
- What if we need to use the restroom during a fishing charter? during a charter we can stop at a hotel or marina that has a public restroom if desired. If you feel certain that you will need a restroom stop during your lake of the ozarks fishing charter let the captain know when booking or at the start of the charter and we will fish in close proximity to a marina bathroom facility. there are several marinas and hotels on lake of the ozarks.
- Where should we meet for our lake of the ozark fishing charter? we can begin your charter at our boat dock or your home, condo, or VRBO/AirB&B location if its close to our boat dock. We have very comfortable Boat dock with a sizable sitting area, fans to cool you on hot summer days, photo boards for taking pictures with your catch, a fish cleaning station, refrigerator/freezer, cold beverages, TV, propane heaters, etc. ! Many Lake of the Ozark fishing guides do not have their own boat dock and clean your catch on a boat ramp, pickup truck tailgate, public dock, Marina, or location with less than ideal facilities.
- What should I bring on my Lake of the Ozarks Fishing Charter with Barber Guide service? Most anglers need a MO fishing license. If you are a missouri resident age 65 or older you do not need to purchase a fishing license. You must have proof of MO residence and age (MO drivers license) with you during the charter should we be checked by authorities while on the water or boat dock. If you are age 16 -64 and a Missouri resident you must have a MO fishing license on your person during the fishing charter as well as your MO drivers license. If you're not a MO resident you will need a fishing license if you are age 16 or over. Annual ($49) or Day fishing permits ($8) can be purchased online at the Missouri Department of Conservation website, local retailers such as Walmart, or via telephone via MO DNR. (see the FAQ tab in our website for additional details) There are MO fishing license discounts, exemptions, and rules pertaining to active military, disabled anglers, etc. that you can review in the MO Department of Conservation website. (https://mdc-web.s3licensing.com) Passengers under the age of 8 must wear a personal flotation device at all times while on the boat. We have coast guard approved flotation devices on each of our boats and encourage their use for all passengers. We recommend you bring sunscreen on all guided fishing charters . if you don't have or don't want to purchase sunscreen, we keep sunscreen on all of our boats. Eye protection is extremely important on fishing charters for safety reasons. we keep extra sunglasses on our boats if you happen to forget yours but encourage you to bring your own as they may be more comfortable. If it happens to rain during your charter we have rain gear on our boats but you may want to bring your own for optimal fitment. If you want to enjoy an alcohol containing beverage during your fishing charter you can bring beer or seltzer drinks (no hard liquor) on the boat so long as you're age 21 or over , drink responsibly, and adhere to the rules outlined in the Terms and Conditions tab or section of our website. If you do not have an ice chest we can provide one and ice for your convenience.
- What should I expect before, during, and after my Lake of the ozarks fishing charter? The captain will provide a comprehensive safety orientation before each charter begins. He/she will explain where items such as life jackets, fire extinguishers, first aid kits, sunscreen, sun glasses, live well, refreshments, etc. are located, risks to minimize or avoid while fishing, explain how you will fish, and review tackle, rods/reels, electronics, etc. If we begin 10-15 minutes before your scheduled charter that will afford more boating and fishing time. During the charter the captain will explain why we're fishing at a specific location, point out items of interest, discuss lake history, local dining options, provide insruction on how to use tackle, explain how fish the baits, will Net your fish, take them off the hook, take photos, put your fish in the livewell or release them, tag them for angler identification to meet MO rules, etc. The captain or first mate will also bait your hook and help with any equipment related needs. Barber fishing guide service provides the most turn key, comprehensive, easy, enjoyable, and successful fishing charters at lake of the ozarks! After we get back to the dock your captain and first mate will spring into action and hang your fish on our unique photo boards, assemble the anglers for pictures, and offer you a complimentary cold beverage to enjoy while your fish are being processed. Barber fishing guide service charters are unique and all inclusive! There are no guide services operating on lake of the ozarks that provide the same level of experience, success, and service!
- How many total hours will the charter entail? For planning purposes, A 4 HOUR CHARTER IS typically A 5-6 HOUR customer EXPERIENCE, 6 HOUR IS A 7-8 HOUR EXPERIENCE, AND AN 8 HOUR CHARTER IS A 9-10 HOUR EXPERIENCE. we try to be flexible with our customers and can shorten or extend the time requirements for your Lake of the ozarks charter based upon your schedule and the captain's. we've We create customer experiences like no other fishing charter company at Lake of the Ozarks!
- Should I tip the captain and first mate? All gratuities are appreciated and all of our team members will work hard to make your charter the best absolute best experience. When asked about gratuites we inform our clients that most customers tip in accordance with food industry standards of approximately 20%. Some tip more, some less, its an individual customer decision.
- deposit and cancellation policy? See below